Thursday, April 30, 2020

Learning for Thursday 30th April...




Ko Rāpere tenei ra.  Today is Thursday 30th April

Remember, do as little or as much as you like...
Activity 1:  Maths around your neighbourhood:
Statistics:
Jenny shared this great activity with me, it is using what is around you to count
and make a ‘statistic’.  A statistic means counting something that we see a lot
so we can find out more about that thing.  

An example would be:  How many people  do you see
walking past your gate or door in an hour? 
Or how many blue cars drive past your window in two hours?
You could choose something to count that interests you over a period of time. 
I would say maybe an hour, or for the length of your walk
Here are some more suggestions:
Choose one colour of car to count on the way. On the way home
or the next time choose a different one. Keep going for several trips.
What colour seems to be the most common? The least common?
I would love to hear what you have found. You could take a
photo or a video
or draw a picture of what you found out.
Activity 2:  Writing Time:  
I live ‘kind of’ in the country and when I go for my walks every day,
I see these three Llamas.  I say hello to them everyday…
Today I thought we could write a story about these Llamas.
Here’s the start to my story...perhaps you could finish it for me…
Think about where the Llama would go? 
Maybe to the dairy to get an icecream,
or maybe to the Zoo to see a Zebra...
I wonder where your Llama will go?
Activity 3:
 KINDNESS activity:  Find something or someone in your bubble
that you could do something for... like... tidy, help, encourage, look after…
good on you, keep it up!  We LOVE kindness!
Mathletics - Junior Syndicate BlogActivity 4:
Complete Mathletics tasks set by your teacher.  
Activity 5:

Log on to Sunshine Classics with your own logSunshine Classics - Apps on Google Playin and read some
stories or have them read to you.  

Have a look at the follow-up activities too. 

No comments:

Post a Comment