Wednesday, April 15, 2020

Welcome to Term 2

Morena tamariki ma 
I am so pleased we are able to learn together again. Welcome to Term 2. Thank you for sending messages to me, so I know you’re connecting online. Keep them coming, I love hearing from you. 

I have some information for parents and tamariki before we get started today: 

Room 4 children: I will post an activity today that is a poem we started last term. I want you to have a think about what it would be like floating in the air on a hot air balloon. How would you feel and what colour would your balloon be? You’ll need a piece of paper or book to write in and a pencil and colouring equipment if you have them. Perhaps when you finish you can send me a picture of your poem… 

Parents: A message for you: I trust you are all well and safe in your bubbles. I have set some work for your children, however, I want you to understand that there is no pressure to complete this, there are many variations on space, work, devices in homes and I am certainly not wanting online learning to be stressful on you or the children. Please do as little or as much as you like. I am hopeful that once the children are set up (may need a little help to read and listen to instructions), then they can carry on independently. I am here to respond over seesaw or email showse@hameast.school.nz 

This week is a bit of trial and error, I want to see what engagement is like with the lessons I’ve recorded and go from there. I may try something different next week. Remember there are plenty of great links on Room 4's Blog. If you need me to re-send logins, just let me know. I have them here and can send them through. I have allocated work on Mathletics also. 
Have a great day everyone… 
Shelley

No comments:

Post a Comment