Tuesday, August 16, 2016

We are FIREWISE!

Steve the fireman came to talk to us about keeping safe if there is a fire.
He showed us a movie about how fast a fire can happen if you leave a candle close to a curtain.

We were surprised at how quickly the fire took off and burnt the curtain.  We heard the curtain sizzling.  It wasn't good!





Steve read us a story about a little girl called Emma who had a fire in her house.  She was scared but knew what to do.  She knew she had to "Get down, Get low and get out fast!"

Thanks Steve for visiting us...

5 comments:

  1. Hi,
    I think you guys learnt a lot because I remember doing it and I learnt heaps of stuff about fire safety and I still know. That made me learn a lot.
    By Tia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now you guys will know more safety then me
    By Kevin Rm 8

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now you guys know what to do when there is a fire,Stay safe guys.By Clarabell Rm12

    ReplyDelete
  4. you guys are pretty lucky to have a fire fighter in your class. you will be safe now.
    By Jazz Rm 12

    ReplyDelete
  5. you guys are pretty lucky that you had a fire fighter that came into your class.
    Now you class knows more Safety stuff then me. I wish we had a fire fighter that came into our class.
    By Arnia room 11

    ReplyDelete